New product “MARVELOUS” Toothpaste

View Page


World Intellectual Property Organization Patent Number (WIPO) WO2022/018478

Whole mouth health is an important concept for 21th century both for achieving oral health and as a necessary component of maintaining overall

good health. Establishing and maintaining a daily oral hygiene regimen is

critical for maintaining good oral health, however, this practice alone may

not suffice. An effective oral hygiene regimen must be supplemented by

routine visits to a dental professional. As important as a daily oral health

care regimen is in maintaining a good oral health, its value depends on

effective technology and the patient – dental practitioner relationship in

terms of using this product effectively to produce a positive outcome- based

health care program.

Despite significant advances in oral health care, dental caries and

periodontal diseases (Gingivitis) are two(2) of the most common diseases

globally, with dental caries being the most common. Furthermore, 90% of

the world’s population will develop some form of dental disease in their life

times. Teeth account for 20% of oral surfaces, whereas soft tissues account

for 80%. Therefore, to achieve whole mouth health management of biofilm

not only on teeth but also on the soft tissues “reservoirs” is critical.

Expectations in health care are evolving , and the needs are changing.

Health care is shifting from fixing problems to predicting and preventing

oral health problems. This approach will not only help the patients but also

help better manage and contain rising health care costs. Also this approach

lead to a more holistic view of oral health management, with the guiding

principals being prevention and wellness, care continuum , and prediction

of future health. Furthermore patients are demanding patient-centered

dentistry, with some of this being medicated by oral health care

information on the internet and desire for oral wellness. Bacteria and

biofilm that reside in overall oral surfaces are the cause of the dental caries

and periodontal disease (Gingivitis), yet during the process of tooth

brushing, plaque and derbies are removed primarily from the teeth, which

represent 20% of the oral surfaces. The bacteria remaining on 80% of the

oral surfaces, which comprises soft tissue including the cheeks, gingivae

(gums), and tongue, are largely unaffected via mechanical action of tooth

brushing with a regular fluoride toothpaste. In addition, within hard- tissue

surfaces, there are pits, fissures, and inter-proximal (between teeth) spaces

that are missed via the mechanical action of tooth brushing. To achieve

whole mouth health, effective treatment must go beyond the areas that

tooth brush can reach, and this is the rationale for the inclusion of

antibacterial agents into dentifrices in addition to fluoride, both of which

can help achieve better oral health outcome.

Because the etiology of dental caries and periodontal disease (Gingivitis) is

bacterial, biofilm control on both soft and hard tissues is essential to the

oral health of the patients. This new Toothpaste (Marvelous) being

introduced by Batool Pharma International company is directed toward the

concept of whole mouth health, and this supplement will provide patients

and dental practitioners with information on this new technology

(toothpaste) to carry them into 21st century of of total whole mouth health.